Jimtown Dips and Spreads— Not your typical dip! Fresh from Sonoma County, California these condiments are essential ingredients for adding zip, zest and zeal to your life. Wow your friends with these scrumptious dips. Benz features two flavors:
Artichoke Olive & Caper - Buttery artichokes, tangy green olives and capers. This happy trio of ingredients is spiked with red chili flakes for gentle warmth, then cooled with refreshing mint and a squeeze of lemon.
Spicy Olive - A spicy blend of green and black olives, fragrant cumin, orange zest, red pepper flakes & cayenne pepper. Tuck a dollop into a tortilla with cheese for a new kind of quesadilla. Spread it on grilled meat or fish or stir it into a potato or pasta salad.
CORN RELISH DIP
8oz. Cherith Valley or Stonewall Kitchens Corn Relish
3T Sour Cream
Combine above ingredients and serve with chips or hors d'oeuvre crackers
ROASTED GARLIC ONION JAM PIZZA Serves: 4-6 1 thin pizza crust (12" Boboli)
· 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
· 1/2 cup blue cheese (you can use feta, gorgonzola, goat or any good blue)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Spread jam evenly over crust
3. Sprinkle blue cheese over entire top of the pizza
Bake 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and jam begins to bubble
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH SHRIMP Serves: 10
2 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Syrup (Benz)
· 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Shallot Champagne Mustard (Benz)
· 10 slices of bacon
· 20 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
Mix Stonewall Kitchen Maple Syrup and Stonewall Kitchen Shallot Champagne Mustard in a bowl and set aside. Cut each bacon slice in half, and then wrap each bacon slice around a shrimp. Place shrimp on a cookie sheet and cover each with a spoonful of the syrup/mustard sauce. Broil on high and cook on both sides until very crispy.
Remove to a platter and serve immediately.
ROTHSCHILD ONION BLOSSOM SPREAD
1/2 lb. Crumbled Crisp Bacon
1/2 cup Sour Cream
8 oz. Smithfeild Cream Cheese (Benz)
2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
3 Tbs. Robert Rothschild Onion Blossom Horseradish Dip (Benz)
3 Tbs. Chopped Onion
1/2 cup Pecans (chopped)
Mix above ingredients together. Serve in bowl with crackers. Garnish with pecans (optional).
MANGO COCKTAIL SAUCE
16oz. Cheirth Valley or Stonewall Mango Lime Salsa (Benz)
2T Prepared Horseradish
1T Lime juice
Puree salsa until smooth and add horseradish and lime juice.
Serve with grilled shrimp. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices.
STONEWALL BAKED BRIE
An eye-catching centerpiece for your next gathering of friends or family, this pastry creation will leave guests craving for just one more bite.
1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry
1 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney or Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney (Benz)
1 5" wheel of Brie (Benz) (skin can be removed)
1 egg white
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Allow pastry to thaw, and then flour a surface and roll out pastry until increased in size by 1/3. Move dough to a lightly greased cookie sheet. Place Brie in center of dough, form into a flat circle and indent the center of the top to allow a shallow dish for the chutney. Pour the entire jar of Old Farmhouse Chutney or Apple Cranberry Chutney into the top of the Brie. (It’s okay if it overflows.) Bring all sides of the dough up to the center top, forming a bag shape. Carefully gather the dough, pinching tightly above the Brie. Be creative in forming your pastry. You may want to pre-cut a strip of dough from the rolled-out pastry to form a false ribbon around the neck of your bag.
Brush entire bag with egg whites; this will give a glossy finish to the puff pastry after baking. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
With a large spatula, transfer the pastry to a large plate and circle with your favorite crackers. Serve hot.
SAVORY HOT PEPPER SPREAD
8 oz. package Laura Chenel Chevre goat cheese (Benz)
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Jelly (Benz)
3 oz. package of Smithfeild cream cheese (Benz)
1 tsp. Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Mustard (Benz)
2 Tbsp. each, cilantro, parsley, & chives, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 small jalapeno, finely minced
1 package Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Crackers (Benz)
In a food processor, drop garlic and jalapeno through the feed tube, and allow to finely mince.
Remove lid and add goat cheese and cream cheese. Process until smooth.
Add mustard, Stonewall Kitchen Hot Pepper Jelly and assorted chopped herbs. Process briefly until mixed.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, and shape into a a ball before serving with Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Crackers.
ROASTED GARLIC & ONION CHEESE DIP
Add an interesting twist to a traditional party favorite. Quick and beautiful to serve.
16 ounces Smithfield cream cheese (Benz)
1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam (Benz)
Dash of pepper
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix together the cream cheese, Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam and the pepper.
Fold in the Monterey Jack cheese.
Form mixture into a ball, and roll in the pecans.
Recipe Tips - Garnish with a sliced apple. Or, try pouring mixed ingredients into a baking dish, topping with pecans and warming in the oven for a hot cheese dip!
BELLA ARTICHOKE DIP
1 Jar Bella Cucina Artichoke Pesto (Benz)
1 8 oz. Can Artichoke Hearts (Benz)
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup Percino Parmesan Cheese (Benz)
3 Tbsp Percino Parmesan Cheese (Benz)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop Artichoke Hearts. Mix together all ingredients except 3 Tbsp. cheese until blended. Spoon into oven-safe casserole and evenly sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese bakes into a golden crust. Serve with Dipping Crackers.
SIMPLE GOURMET BROWNIES
2 packages Stonewall Triple Chocolate brownie mix (Benz)
Ingredients required by boxed brownie mix
4 Fine chocolate candy bars (We prefer caramel or toffee filled chocolate)
Mix up both boxes of brownie mix as per directions on the box. Pour one mix into a baking pan. Lay chocolate bars across the pan. Pour second brownie mix over top
Bake for twice the time required by the mix at the temperature specified
DECADENT STUFFED MUSHROOMS
· 12 whole fresh mushrooms
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
· 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
3. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, bread crumbs, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
HOT AND SOUR BAR NUTS
½ cup brown sugar
· ¼ lb. butter
· 1 ½ lbs. Virginia Peanuts and cashews (Benz)
· 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Champagne Mustard (Benz)
· 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 Tablespoon curry powder
· 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour nuts onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees until lightly crisped and brown, about 35 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool completely. Break up mixture with your hands and serve.
LAYERED MEXICAN DIP Serves: 10-12
1 – 16 oz. can of refried beans
· 1 - 4.5 oz. can of chopped green chilies
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 2 avocadoes, peeled and diced
· 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
· 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Bean Salsa or Stonewall Kitchen Mango Lime Salsa (Benz)
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
· 4 green onions, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a greased deep pie dish, spread the refried beans and then layer the chopped green chiles on top.
3. For the next layer combine the sour cream and mayonnaise. Continue layering the avocadoes, lemon juice, Stonewall Kitchen Black Bean Salsa or Stonewall Kitchen Mango Lime Sa, lsa, and top with the two cheeses and green onions. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips.
ARTICHOKE & CAPER CROSTINI
1 loaf crusty baguette (available par baked at benz)
· 6 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 8 oz. freshly shredded parmesan cheese
· 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Artichoke & Caper Relish (Benz)
· 1 bunch watercress
· 1 pint cherry tomato
· Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread into triangles or desired shapes. Brush bread with Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Toast in oven until golden brown, let cool. Place small amount of Stonewall Kitchen Artichoke & Caper Relish on toast points. Place a pinch of shredded parmesan cheese on top of each crostini. Place in warm oven for a few minutes to lightly melt cheese. Place 3 or 4 crostinis on an appetizer plate
Garnish plate with watercress and ¼ cherry tomato
Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour